The art of healing. Still China’s most valued export.
Los Angeles Acupuncture Center
At Thumos Health Center, we specialize in acupuncture and Chinese herbology, optimizing the natural balance of body and mind that promotes self-healing. Our modern therapy is based on the thousands of years of medical traditions which have made Chinese medicine famous worldwide.
Added to this are the latest in proven clinical advances. Ours is an integrative approach to health maintenance, coordinating Eastern healing with that of your outside medical practitioner. This unique approach helps us to address our patients’ acute and chronic conditions with understanding and proven success.
- Fertility Acupuncture: Studies have shown that a comprehensive solution to infertility, including acupuncture and herbal medicine, can vastly raise a woman’s chances of becoming pregnant. We create a personalized 3 to 6 month plan, in tandem with your in vitro fertilization (IVF) specialist if desired, to calm your body and help it get ready for pregnancy. We work with men’s infertility issues as well.
- Healthy Pregnancy: From early miscarriage prevention to treating back pain and morning sickness, we are here to help expectant mothers maximize their own health and that of their growing babies. We can also help you prepare for labor and even, under the guidance of your OB/GYN, provide stimulation to help a breech baby change positions.
- Detox: Chinese methods including herbs and acupuncture can help you gently detox, cleansing toxins from your system in a safe and natural way. We prefer a slow and steady approach rather than the harsh purge systems sometimes used in Western detoxes.
- Stress and Migraines: Through acupuncture and herbal remedies, we can help you break the grip that chronic stress has on your body and mind. It would be impossible to remove the stress from your life, but there is no reason that it has to control you. We can even help alleviate the pain associated with migraine headaches.
- Women’s Health: Hormonal imbalances, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), and endometriosis are just a few of the difficulties that numerous women face. Even if you are not quite sure what is going on, we can help bring your reproductive system back into balance. Of course, we always encourage a full Western medical workup as well.
- Allergies and Immune Responses: Allergies are an overactive immune response to harmless substances in your environment. Eastern medicine has shown a dramatic positive impact on calming the immune system and minimizing allergic responses.
- Herbology: Chinese medicine relies heavily on herbs that have been used for centuries. Some of these remedies have made their way into Western medical usage. We will assess your current health scenario and determine which herbal preparations are right for you. We are always happy to consult with your Western physician to ensure that your herbal medications support your overall treatment protocol.
Thumos Health Center is the Eastern medical practice of Bryan Abel, L.Ac. and Ganit Kriel, L.Ac. Bryan holds a Bachelor’s degree in neuroscience and molecular biology from UC Berkeley, as well as a Master’s in Oriental Medicine from Emperor’s College of Oriental Medicine. He is a licensed acupuncturist and focuses on integrative approaches to numerous conditions that include both Eastern and Western methods.
Ganit also holds a Master’s degree in Oriental Medicine from Emperor’s College of Oriental Medicine, and is also a licensed acupuncturist. Her practice focuses primarily on the holistic treatment of pregnancy and women’s health issues, along with pain relief.
We believe that patient education and choice is a key component in successful treatment. From your first visit through the design and implementation of your treatment plan, we will explain your options to you and encourage you to be an active part of your decision-making team. We are happy to work with your primary care doctor and any specialists you might have to develop a fully integrated solution to your health challenges.
Located in Pacific Palisades, with satellite clinics in Santa Monica, Sherman Oaks, and Beverly Hills, Thumos Health Center offers patients exceptional personalized care. If you are ready to take the first steps toward a more integrative approach to your health care, we invite you to phone 310-428-1215 to schedule an appointment at any of our Los Angeles locations. Our highly knowledgeable and friendly staff will be happy to answer any questions or concerns you might have.